According to Answers.com,
“The human brain produces approximately 70,000 thoughts on an average day.
There are 86,400 seconds in a 24 hour day.
That means we have a different thought every 1.2 seconds.”
I don’t know whether or not we have thoughts the whole time we are asleep, so maybe the actual number is slightly lower than that.
Still, wow, that is a LOT of thoughts!
Out of my own huge pile of thoughts that are mostly worthless, I pick a couple of those to share with you each day. That means most of what I think about, actually doesn’t get shared. You are welcome.
Yesterday I wrote about comparison. Not because I spend a lot of time thinking about it, but because I came across an article that really spoke to me. I could relate to it, and I thought maybe you could to.
Here are some of the other thoughts I considered sharing, but didn’t:
– Why is my son sick when at school and the nurse calls, and then he’s fine once I pick him up early and bring him home? WHY?
– Why did my girls do their hair and make-up to go to soccer practice? (yes, 3 headbands)
– Is there even a point to a 4 year-old soccer team?
– Who invented Perler fuse beads? It was not a mom. (Do not panic, I vacuumed these straight into the trash.)
– What am I going to make for dinner today? And the day after that?
– Will the nice gentleman that I had coffee with, call this week?
– Were those mouse droppings under my sink?
– Has “my” rat eaten the poison?
– Why did I agree to get a hamster, and allow it to live inside my house?
– Would my kids like to watch the movie, “Back to the Future?” The day from the movie is tomorrow, and we still need roads!
– Who could I convince to guest post on this blog?
– Do they make Elsa costumes for moms?
– What am I going to watch at night when I finish Season 4 of Scandal?
– Is it time to dye my hair?
– What’s my 5 year plan?
– Do I have enough gas in the van to get to the school in the morning?
– How many more days in October?!?
Spend some of your 70,000 thoughts thinking about that!